In order to install and connect 12v garden lighting systems, Lumena supply 12v AC Transformers available in 4 different wattages 10w, 20w, 50w, 100w. The transformers are supplied with 1m of waterproof mains input cable with a 3 pin plug and 60cm of waterproof detachable 12v 2 core output cable. Ideally the transformers should be installed above ground on a suitable post or wall, this could be behind taller planting for example. To ensure that the correct size transformer is used, the total wattage of the 12v light fittings needs to be calculated. This can be done easily by multiplying the lamp wattages for each fitting type, (example at bottom of page). Add these totals together to determine which size transformer is needed. Remember not to overload the transformer. It is recommended that some spare wattage capacity is left in case additional 12v lights are required. It is equally important not to use too few lights or have too low wattages on a 12v lighting system as this can result in ‘overvoltage’. Transformers should be loaded to at least 70% of their capacity; for example a 100 watt transformer should power lights with a total wattage of at least 70 watts. All Lumena 12v transformers have a built in thermal cut-off which protects against power overload or ‘overvoltage’.
- IMPORTANT – DO NOT OVERLOAD TRANSFORMER – Please calculate the Wattage of what you are powering before you purchase this product
- Input: Mains 230v – 240v – Output: 12v AC – Wattage: 100w
- Input Cable: Waterproof mains 1m with 3 pin UK Plug – Output Cable: Waterproof 2 core rubber 0.6m
- Detachable Output Cable – Thermal cut out (protects against power overload or ‘overvoltage’)
- Outdoor Use – Waterproof – IP68 — Dimensions – 123mm x 78mm x 70mm